Search Update (Updated 9/12/2021)
- We are moving forward with our Pastoral Search
- First, I want to thank you for your patience, prayers, and encouragement over the last year and a half. I don’t know of any pastoral search that does not seem long to the congregation, and ours is no exception. Thank you for your faithfulness through this journey. We have been diligently working, and I do believe that God has blessed us through this time in our church, thanks to the ministry of Pastor Rob and the pastoral team already in place here at Calvary Baptist Church.
- I’m happy to report to you that we have interviewed the candidates on our short list and their wives in person, as well as the references they gave us by Zoom. It has been a genuine blessing to interact with these servants of our Lord, and I think it’s accurate to say that we have been enriched by the experiences.
- At this point, we will pray and meet to discuss as often as needed to ascertain God’s direction and will. This is not an easy decision, but we are confident the Lord, whose wisdom and direction we have sought from the beginning and to whom this body of believers belongs, will lead us in this decision as well.
- The name of the man we discern as God’s will for CBC-Lansdale will then be passed on to the elders for their consideration and confirmation. And in a few more weeks the person should be introduced to you.
- We are getting close to the end of this search, but now is not the time to sit back, relax, and wait. Now is a particularly vital time for all of us to pray—to ask God for His blessing and direction—to ask Him to prepare us for this step forward in our service to Him. Please join us in that continued prayer.In the past three weeks, we have prioritized the candidates who remained and have reached a short list, from which a final candidate will be prayerfully selected.
- Over the next 3-4 weeks we will be interviewing the remaining men and their wives. We will also be reaching out to the men they have given us as references and doing the necessary background checks.
Pastoral Search Live Timeline
- We are in the final stages of selecting a canditate to present to the elders.
- Once the elders receive the proposal from the Pastoral Search Committee, they will review, vote on, and then when approaved, send to the congregation for a vote.
How can I be involved?
- Please pray, or continue to pray, earnestly for us over these next weeks. We are coming down to the wire, so to speak. The next decision will not only be exceedingly important, but also exceedingly difficult. In light of that, however, we have great confidence that God has a man for us, that we have consistently asked Him to lead us to that individual, and that as our eternally faithful God and Savior, He will do, and is doing, just that.
How can I pray?
Be a part of our journey
Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship together at 9:30am in person and online